- Black for priests
- Purple for chaplains of His Holiness amaranth
- Red for bishops prothonotary apostolic and Honorary Prelates
- Scarlet red for cardinals
The buttons are grouped based on the denomination.
- The thirty-three buttons on a cassock represent the Lord's son - Christ's earthly years.
- The thirty-nine buttons are used by some Anglicans to represent the thirty-nine Articles of Faith.
- Apart from that, the cassock can be made within fifteen to seventeen buttons (Depending upon the cassock length)
- The seven inched cuffs represent the Story of Creation and the five buttons on the cuffs symbolize the Ten Commandments of the Lord.